Recruitment Registry Privacy statement
Section 10, Personal Data Act (523/99)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679
Vertex Systems Oy
Business ID 0289214-5
Vaajakatu 9, FI-33720 Tampere, Finland
Telephone: +358 3 313411
Contact person in matters concerning the register
Name: Reijo Havonen, CEO
Address: Vaajakatu 9, FI-33720 Tampere, Finland
Telephone: +358 3 313411
1. The name of and legal basis for the register
Recruitment register. Applicants can submit an application for a specific position or an open application by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The purpose of the processing of personal data
To process and store applications received by Vertex Systems Oy and their appendices.
3. Data content of the register
The register may include the following information on the applicant:
- the applicant's basic details (first and last name, date of birth, personal identification number)
- contact information: postal address, email address
- job application, résumé and photo
- education and work experience, transcript of academic records, portfolios
- data provided by the applicant in free format (interview, tests)
- name and contact information of referees
- data provided by a recruitment company
4. Regular sources of data
The sources of personal data are the data provided by the applicant directly for the purposes of applying for the job and the data provided by a referee to Vertex Systems Oy or to a recruitment company upon recruitment.
5. Regular disclosure of data
We shall not regularly disclose personal data concerning applicants to third parties, except in cases described below.
Service providers: We are assigning certain reliable third parties to conduct recruitment and testing services on the behalf of Vertex Systems Oy. We shall disclose your personal data to these third parties, but only to the extent necessary for the purposes of performing these operations and service provision and according to such binding contractual obligations that require these third parties to maintain privacy and data security.
Public authorities such as law enforcement agencies: Vertex Systems Oy is co-operating with the Government and law enforcement agencies or private operators in order to comply with the law. We reserve the right to disclose data concerning you to the Government, law enforcement agencies or private operators to the extent we deem to be necessary or appropriate for the purposes of defending against claims or in judicial proceedings (including summons), protecting the property and rights of Vertex Systems Oy or a third party, ensuring the safety of the public or an individual, preventing or stopping unlawful, unethical or actionable activities or complying with the law.
6. Transfer of data outside the EU or EEA
The data are not transferred.
7. Rights of requesting the inspection, rectification and erasure of data.
According to the applicable data protection legislation, persons have the right to be informed about the processing of their personal data and the right to request an inspection of their personal data in our registers. Persons have the right to request the rectification or erasure of inaccurate personal data in our registers. In addition, persons have the right to object and withdraw their consent regarding the processing of their personal data, insofar as the processing is based on consent, and to request a restriction of processing of their personal data.
- Regarding requests concerning the inspection, rectification and/or erasure of personal data, please contact the Vertex Systems Register Oy contact person personally.
- You will be provided with a personal data inspection request form by mail.
- Submit the form by delivering it personally to Vertex Systems Oy and be prepared to provide a proof of your identity.
- Arrange a meeting for the processing of the request.
- Matters related to the inspection request are discussed in the meeting.
- If necessary, we will provide you with a reply to the matters concerning the inspection request within a month, unless there are specific reasons to prolong the processing period.
- We reserve the right to decline to fulfill your request on applicable statutory grounds.
8. Data erasure
Personal and application data and the reports of aptitude tests are erased after the recruitment process has ended. By derogation and with the applicant's consent, we can retain the applications for one year for later use.
9. Principles of register protection and data retention
The personal data are kept confidential. Only those people employed by Vertex Systems Oy who require these data to perform their work assignments can access the register. The personal data are protected by technical and organizational measures. The data network and equipment of the controller and possible IT partners (technical and organizational safeguards) that contain the register are protected by a firewall and other necessary technical measures. Although we are trying to ensure the security and integrity of the personal data, we cannot guarantee that the implemented safeguards will prevent third parties and so-called hackers from accessing the personal data by means of unlawful processes. We will inform you of all violations related to the protection, confidentiality and integrity of unencrypted and electronically stored personal data in accordance with the law, in an appropriate time period and without undue delay in a manner that corresponds to the principles of complying with the law or defining the extent of the violation and restoring the reasonable integrity of the data system.
10. Children's privacy
Vertex Systems Oy does not collect personal data from children under 16. Data on children under 16 are collected only for the purpose of fulfilling statutory obligations.